The Council recently wrote a letter to the Minister of Energy, Mines and Resources requesting a meeting. Items we would like to discuss include:
- The relationship the Council desires with Yukon Government;
- The implications of the recent Supreme Court of Canada's on the future of regional planning in the territory;
- Ideas the Council has for improving the process of regional planning in the territory.;
- The reviews of Chapter 11 Regional Land Use Planning that are occurring in the next two years;
- The Minister's invitation to speak at an upcoming workshop.
The letter is available here. This meeting is scheduled for January 31st.